photos from my five months as a student in Galway

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Impressions: the River Corrib and Galway Bay

The view of the canal from just outside my apartment. The location is perfect, only a five-to-ten-minute walk down the canal to both the city centre (in one direction) and to the university (in the other direction.)

On my first day here last week I took a walk down to see the harbor and surrounding area. The River Corrib is actually hidden between the trees and the buildings on the left in this picture.

Iconic houses along the Long Walk, overlooking the River Corrib and Galway Bay


Galway Bay (and a great spot for sunsets)


Looking toward the Salthill neighborhood from the pier

Pier and lighthouse

Swans are everywhere in Galway.

Looking back towards the city from Nimmo's Pier

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love these pics, katie! Makes me want to go there for sure!
    I hope everything is going well and that you continue to have time to take more awesome pics :)
    Love,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete